Last updated September 26, 2023
Welcome to the website NikaMaples.com (the “Site”) owned and operated by Bel Esprit Books, LLC, a Texas Limited Liability Company (“BEB”, “we”, “our”, or “us”). The Site address is: https://nikamaples.com. You can contact us with any questions or concerns at email@example.com. We will respond back to your message as soon as possible.
At the end of this Policy, we will ask those of you located in the European Economic Area (which includes all EU countries plus Iceland, Liechtenstein, and Norway) to click a box indicating that you agree to this Policy. If you do not wish to click the box, then please do not use the Site.
OWNER AND DATA CONTROLLER
INFORMATION COLLECTION, BUSINESS PURPOSE AND USE
While using the Site, we may ask you to provide certain personally identifiable information that can be used to contact or identify you. Personally identifiable information may include, but is not limited to name, email address, cookies, usage data, and password.
We may use your personal information to:
- Send you informative and promotional emails
- Manage contacts and send messages
- Ensure that content from the Site is presented in the most effective manner for you and your computer
- Provide you with information, products, or services that you request which may be of interest to you
- Carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into with you
Interact with external social networks and platforms (e.g. social media widgets and share bars)
- Allow registration and authentication (e.g. affiliate portals and membership areas)
- Allow access to third-party services’ accounts
- Monitor infrastructure
- Manage hosting and backend infrastructure
- Carry out remarketing and behavioral targeting (including ads)
- Display content from external platforms
- Carry out commercial affiliation (e.g. ads)
- Interact with support and feedback platforms
- Manage user database
BEB collects information that identifies, relates to, describes, references, is reasonably capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, with a particular consumer, household, or device. Personal information does not include:
- Publicly available information from government records.
- Deidentified or aggregated consumer information.
- Information excluded from the CCPA’s and GDPR’s scope.
In particular, BEB has collected the following categories of personal information from its users within the last twelve (12) months:
- IDENTIFIERS: A real name, alias, postal address, unique personal identifier, online identifier, Internet Protocol address, email address, account name, phone number, or other similar identifiers.
- COMMERCIAL INFORMATION: Records of personal property, products, or services purchased, obtained, or considered, or other purchasing or consuming histories or tendencies.
- INTERNET OR OTHER SIMILAR NETWORK ACTIVITY: Browsing history, search history, and information on a consumer’s interaction with a website, application, or advertisement.
- GEOLOCATION DATA: Physical location or movements.
BEB obtains the categories of personal information listed above from the following categories of sources:
- DIRECTLY FROM YOU: For example, from forms you submit or transactions related to products and services you purchase.
- INDIRECTLY FROM YOU: For example, from your browser while visiting the Site.
- FROM THIRD PARTIES: For example, from its business partners or service providers.
BEB does not intentionally collect or use the personal information of minors under sixteen (16) years of age or sell it with or without affirmative authorization.
Like many site operators, BEB collects information that your browser sends whenever you visit the Site.
This Log Data may include information such as your computer’s Internet Protocol (“IP”) address, browser type, browser version, the pages of the Site that you visit, the time and date of your visit, the time spent on those pages, and other statistics.
In addition, BEB may use third-party services such as Google Analytics that collect, monitor and analyze this data.
These cookies are known as “first-party cookies”. BEB may also recognize, collect, and/or track information through cookies set by third parties. These cookies are known as “third-party cookies”. Third-party cookies are used to perform tasks related to advertising, and analytics, and to enable interactive features such as sharing or commenting. Some third parties collect statistics in an anonymized and aggregated form and may not require the consent of the user.
The information that BEB’s first-party cookies or third-party cookies recognize, collect, and/or track may include information about your devices, browsing actions, and patterns, such as among others, the type of computer you use, your internet service provider, your browser type, your location, your IP address, the date and time of your visit, the pages viewed, your traffic pattern through the Site.
WHAT COOKIES BEB USES
BEB uses the following categories of cookies on the Site:
- ANALYTICS COOKIES: These cookies collect information about your use of the Site, such as for instance, browsing actions, and patterns, the date and time of your visit, the pages viewed, and your traffic pattern through the Site. Through the collection of this information, BEB is able to monitor and analyze web traffic to the Site. User behaviors may be recognized, collected, and/or tracked. BEB uses Google Analytics to monitor and analyze web traffic to the Site. Google utilizes the data recognized, collected, and/or tracked on the Site to prepare reports on traffic activities. This integration of Google Analytics anonymizes your IP address. Google may use the information recognized, collected, and/or tracked to personalize the ads of its advertising network and may share the information recognized, collected, and/or tracked with other services.
- CUSTOMIZATION COOKIES: These cookies allow the Site to save information and details such as your username to optimize your experience on the Site and provide personal features.
- Facebook Like button and Facebook social widgets: The Facebook Like button and Facebook social widgets are applications allowing interaction with the Facebook social network.
- Instagram Button and Instagram social widgets: The Instagram button and Instagram social widgets are applications allowing interaction with the Instagram social network.
- Pinterest Pin It button and Pinterest social widgets: The Pinterest Pin It button and Pinterest social widgets are applications allowing interaction with the Pinterest social network.
- TARGETING OR ADVERTISING COOKIES: These cookies record your browsing actions and patterns on the Site, such as among others, the pages you have visited and the links you have followed. The information recognized, collected, and/or tracked by these cookies is used to make the Site and the advertising displayed by way of links or banners on the Site more relevant to your interests. For the same purpose, this information may also be shared with third parties.
HOW TO CONTROL COOKIES
You have the right to accept or reject cookies. Strictly necessary cookies may not be rejected since they are essential to enable you to browse the Site and use its features. Should you reject cookies, you will still be able to use the Site although certain features and functionalities may not be available to you and/or certain areas may be restricted.
You can manage preferences for cookies directly from within your own browser and prevent – for example – third parties from installing cookies.
Through browser preferences, it is also possible to delete cookies installed in the past, including the cookies that may have saved the initial consent for the installation of cookies by this Site.
You can find information about how to manage cookies in the most commonly used browsers (e.g. Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Apple Safari, and Microsoft Internet Explorer) on the website of the browser of choice.
Your personal data may be transferred to, and stored at, a destination outside the European Economic Area (“EEA”).
LAWFUL BASIS OF PROCESSING PERSONAL DATA UNDER THE GDPR
BEB may process personal data relating to users if one of the following applies:
- Users have given their consent for one or more specific purposes;
- Provision of data is necessary for the performance of an agreement with the user and/or for any pre-contractual obligations thereof;
- Processing is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation to which BEB is subject;
- Processing is related to a task that is carried out in the public interest or in the exercise of official authority vested in BEB;
- Processing is necessary for the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by myself or by a third party.
BEB processes and stores your personal data for as long as required by the purpose they have been collected for.
- Personal data collected for purposes related to the performance of a contract between BEB and the user will be retained until such contract has been fully performed and possibly later to keep a record of the performance of the contract;
- Personal data collected for the purposes of BEB’s legitimate interests will be retained as long as needed to fulfill such purposes;
- BEB may be allowed to retain personal data for a longer period whenever the user has given consent to such processing, as long as such consent is not withdrawn;
- BEB may be obliged to retain personal data for a longer period whenever required to do so for the performance of a legal obligation or upon order of an authority.
BEB does not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your personal information unless BEB provides users with advance notice. This does not include website hosting partners and other parties who assist BEB in operating the Site, conducting its business, or serving its users (such as, for example, MailChimp and Google’s Gmail), so long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential. BEB may also release information when its release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce the Site policies, or protect its or others’ rights, property or safety.
However, non-personally identifiable visitor information may be provided to other parties for marketing, advertising, or other uses.
In the preceding twelve (12) months, BEB disclosed the following categories of personal information for a business purpose: (See examples in each category above)
- Commercial information
- Internet or other similar network activity
- Geolocation data
BEB discloses your personal information for a business purpose to the following categories of third parties:
- Third parties whose services you purchase through the Site
- Social Media Networks.
YOUR RIGHTS UNDER THE GDPR
Users based in the European Union have the right to do the following:
- Withdraw their consent at any time. Users have the right to withdraw consent where they have previously given their consent to the processing of their personal data.
- Object to processing of their data. Users have the right to object to the processing of their data if the processing is carried out on a legal basis other than consent.
- Access their data. Users have the right to learn if data is being processed, obtain disclosure regarding certain aspects of the processing, and obtain a copy of the data undergoing processing.
- Verify and seek rectification. Users have the right to verify the accuracy of their data and ask for it to be updated or corrected.
- Restrict the processing of their data. Users have the right, under certain circumstances, to restrict the processing of their data. In this case, BEB will not process their data for any purpose other than storing it.
Have their personal data deleted or otherwise removed. Users have the right, under certain circumstances, to obtain the erasure of their data from the Site.
- Receive their data and have it transferred to another controller. Users have the right to receive their data in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and, if technically feasible, to have it transmitted to another controller without any undue delay.
- Lodge a complaint. Users have the right to bring a claim before their competent data protection supervisory authority.
You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
These requests can be exercised free of charge and will be addressed as soon as possible and always within thirty (30) days.
The security of your personal information is important to us.
The Site is scanned on a regular basis for security holes and known vulnerabilities in order to make your visit to the Site as safe as possible.
BEB uses regular security scanning through Jetpack.
Your personal information is contained behind secured networks and is only accessible by a limited number of persons who have special access rights to such systems, and are required to keep the information confidential.
In addition, all sensitive/credit information you supply is encrypted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology.
BEB implements a variety of security measures when a user places an order, enters, submits, or accesses their information to maintain the safety of your personal information.
Unfortunately, no method of transmission over the Internet is completely secure. While BEB strives to use commercially acceptable means to protect your personal information, BEB cannot guarantee its absolute security.
COPPA (CHILDREN ONLINE PRIVACY PROTECTION ACT)
For the collection of personal information from children under the age of thirteen (13) years old, BEB complies with the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA).
The Site is intended for individuals who are eighteen (18) years of age or older.
By visiting and using the Site, you represent and warrant that you are of legal age and meet all of the foregoing eligibility requirements.
The Site is not intended for children under thirteen (13) years of age.
BEB does not specifically market to children under thirteen (13) years of age. BEB does not knowingly collect personal information from children under thirteen (13) years of age.
If you are under thirteen (13) years of age, please do not use the Site or provide any information on the Site, including your name, screen name, username, address, telephone number, email address, and payment details.
If BEB learns it has collected or received personal information from a child under thirteen (13) years of age without verification of consent from a parent or guardian, the personal information collected or received shall be deleted with no delay.
If you believe BEB might have any information concerning a child under thirteen (13) years of age, please contact us at email@example.com and we will delete such information with no delay.
SALE OR BANKRUPTCY
If you interact with others on the Site, other users may have access to some of your data, including your name, profile picture, and your history of interaction with the Site, such as prior comments or posts.
APPLICABLE LAW; DISPUTE RESOLUTION; VENUE
FOR EU USERS
Those of you located in the European Economic Area (which includes all EU countries plus Iceland, Liechtenstein, and Norway) please click the box indicating that you agree to this Policy. If you do not wish to click the box, then please do not use the Site.